Saturday, June 4, 2011

Trip to the ER and pregnancy update...

I am 15 weeks and must say... this pregnancy is kicking my butt.  I have hypermesis and pytalism.  Basically, I am sick all the time and have to spit constantly.  It is disgusting and embarassing.  Besides going to work, all I do is lay in bed in a completely silent, dark room.  That has been my life for about 9 weeks now.  

As bad as it sounds, I am still happy to be preggers!  My biggest concern is my little peanut, which we are now referring to as "Otis".  That is why, as much as I hate hospitals and needles, I agreed to go to the ER this past Wednesday night.  I vomited 17 times in 12 hours!  I didn't know that was humanly possible!  Getting my first IV was horrifying and painful, but I felt a million times better after getting fluids and some heavy duty anti-nausea meds (safe for baby).  Jason took a pic of me in the ER so that I could use it to get sympathy.  I texted the pic to my sisters with the caption "Feel bad for me."  

However, this week has turned out not so bad.  Last night I actually ate something for dinner and didn't get sick!  To top it off, I felt okay enough to turn on the tv and watch House Hunters until 9pm!  Then I woke up this morning and I could SEE a tiny baby bump!  It was so amazing and I couldn't help but get emotional and cry. 

Time to start documenting my pregnancy, so that I don't forget the little details.

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 15 weeks
Size of baby: Navel Orange
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Have lost approx 13 pounds.  Each morning for the past 2 weeks I have weighed the exact same amount.  At least it isn't dropping anymore.
Maternity Clothes: My regular clothes are hanging off of me... I am now the smallest I have been since my early days in college.
Gender: We go in for an ultrasound on June 13 to see if our little peanut will reveal what gender they are.  I am thinking girl, since a boy wouldn't be giving me this much attitude. : )
Movement: Nope... I am just now able to see a tiny bump.  However, on our first ultrasound at 9 weeks we could see peanut wiggling around.
Sleep: I sleep pretty good at night.  I fall asleep usually by 8pm and wake up at 7am.  The pytalism (spitting issue) isn't as bad at night, thankfully!
What I miss: Eating Jimmy Johns!!!  Being able to go out and do things after 6pm.  My "morning" sickness is the worst in the evenings.
Cravings: Last night I wanted a plain baked potato and ate every bit of it off the skin.  Also, last weekend I wanted ice cream and could only find frozen yogurt places.  I was so mad and was close to a temper tantrum!  Finally, we drove around and found a Baskin-Robbins. 
Symptoms: Severe sickness, dehydration, heartburn, excessive saliva
Best Moment this week: Seeing a tiny baby bump for the first time!







No comments:

Post a Comment



According to Ashley

My photo
Kentucky, United States
Loving life and enjoying every second of it with my college sweetheart and husband of 3 years, Jason, my precious baby boy, Henry and our sweet dog, Lucie. Welcome to my blog - hope you enjoy this glimpse into my life!

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Designs by Krista



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved