If you love trying out new beauty products, you need to subscribe to Birchbox! Each month you receive, in the mail, a cute box with 4-5 deluxe samples of beauty products for only $10/month! I imagine the company spends all of that $10 on the beautiful packaging.
Here is what August's Birchbox looked like and what it contained...
1. June Jacobs - Papaya Purifying Enzyme Masque... it smells really good! I haven't tried it yet, but I haven't met too many face mask's that I didn't like.
2. Ouidad - Climate Control Heat and Humidity Gel... if this works, it would definitely be something I would purchase. I typically straighten out my curly hair b/c it can get pretty frizzy, but if this stuff works, I could wear it curly more often, meaning it would take shorter time to get ready in the morning and my hair would be less damaged from the flat iron and blow dryer.
3. Shaveworks - The Cool Fix... I am giving this to my husband b/c it smells too strongly of mint and makes my stomach turn. Since being pregnant, I can't handle minty tastes or smells. I even have to use children's toothpaste.
4. Smashbox - Photo Finish Foundation Primer... probably my fave product in the box. I have already used it a couple times and love it! It makes my skin look more smooth and my pores less visible.
5. Twistband - Hair Elastic... These are a hot item now, but I just don't see the point of having a big knot stick out the side of your ponytail.
The best thing about Birchbox is that each month I get to look forward to receiving a pretty package in the mail with products that I can use to pamper myself... something that I will get to do less of when my little babe gets here in 3.5 months.
If you are interested in subscribing to birchbox, go to their website, register, fill out a survey about yourself (skin/hair type, beauty interests, etc.) and choose whether you want to do a month by month or annual. If you want to know more about it before you sign up, there are a ton of video blogs on youtube about it. Just search for "birchbox august 2011" and you can see what other people got.