Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Eat, Poop, Sleep, Repeat

That about sums up my life for the past 3 weeks.  I can't believe Henry is 3 weeks old today! *tear*  I have no clue where the time has gone.  We spend most our days nursing, changing diapers and sneaking in naps when we can get them.  Jason and I make a pretty good team... I do the feeding, while Jason does diaper duty (even in the middle of the night!).



Note the large pump bottle of anti-bacterial on the end table.

Want to guess who dressed him???


Henry met his Great Grandmother and peed on her cute Christmas sweater!



We have had a few minor bumps in the road, but what new parents don't?  
  1. Henry was tongue-tied and having a difficult time nursing.  We had a lactation consultant come to the house (which was well worth the money... her knowledge is invaluable) and she helped us find ways to get him to nurse better, but also referred us to an ENT doctor that could look at his tongue.  We visited the ENT last week and they had to clip his frenulum (the little fold of tissue under the tongue).  I cried more than Henry did, even though he was fine and able to eat within an hour of having it done.  Nursing is much easier on both of us now, although still a lot of work.  I never knew how time-consuming and sometimes frustrating breastfeeding could be, but I figure we have come this far, why stop?  Everyone says it gets easier and we have already made it 3 weeks.  Not to mention, I want the best for my little guy.
  2.  Somehow I pulled/damaged my shoulder rotator cuff... probably from all the lifting and the odd positions I was in while nursing.  It STILL hurts!  
  3. Henry is a LOUD sleeper!  We have been letting him sleep in a Rock & Play beside our bed, but he makes so much noise that I get up to check on him, only to find him snoozing away.  I seriously do this 15 times a night!  EXHAUSTING!  Sooooo... last night after the early morning feeding, Jason decided to put him in his crib in the room next to ours.  I was convinced it wouldn't work, but miraculously he eventually went to sleep... alone, in his own room!  Of course we have a video monitor so that we can see and hear him.  I actually slept really well without him snoring/moaning/squeaking next to me.  Do I feel guilty about it?  Not one bit... I was a much happier mommy this morning because of it!  Happy Mommy = Happy Baby (or the other way around).
Here is a cute video of him sleeping in his swing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment



According to Ashley

My photo
Kentucky, United States
Loving life and enjoying every second of it with my college sweetheart and husband of 3 years, Jason, my precious baby boy, Henry and our sweet dog, Lucie. Welcome to my blog - hope you enjoy this glimpse into my life!

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Designs by Krista



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved