Friday, February 24, 2012

Wedding Cake Link Up

I loved my wedding cake, so when I saw that Britt at The Magnolia Pair was hosting a link up to show off your wedding cake, I had to join in the fun!

Here goes...






 
If I remember correctly each layer was a different flavor - Red Velvet with cream cheese filling, Chocolate with raspberry filling and Italian Cream.  The top layer was Chocolate with raspberry filling.  We did save it and tasted it on our one year anniversary... we didn't let it defrost properly and it was soggy.  At least it tasted delish the night of the wedding!

My favorite part of our wedding day was coming back to our hotel room around 1 am, exhausted and starving.  The caterer made us doggy bags of food and cake.  I think I ate a pound of cake in minutes!  Best cake I've ever had... good thing considering it was also the most expensive!  :)

5 comments:

  1. what a beautiful cake!

    & you were such a gorgeous bride :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut your mouth! A different flavor on each layer. That is heaven!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful cake, and what a beautiful bride! And different layers?! YUM! I just found your blog, and I love it-- it's so so sweet! I can't wait to read more! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all... we couldn't decide on one flavor, so we went with 3. The chocolate with raspberry filling was my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOur cake was beautiful ! I clicked over when you posted but am still trying to comment on everyone's. I love the little pearl beading, so beautiful ! And you and your hubby make such a cute couple !! Thanks again for linking up !

    ReplyDelete



According to Ashley

My photo
Kentucky, United States
Loving life and enjoying every second of it with my college sweetheart and husband of 3 years, Jason, my precious baby boy, Henry and our sweet dog, Lucie. Welcome to my blog - hope you enjoy this glimpse into my life!

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Designs by Krista



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved