Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Love Story (link up)

Linking up to tell my love story!  Plus I love reading others!

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?   
9 years...  since Feb 18, 2003

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story? 
Jason and I met outside the dorm where we both lived while attending UK.  A big group of guys were hanging out in front of the entrance when my friend Sarah and I came back from the library and we chatted with them for a bit.  Jason introduced himself to me as "Bird", a nickname he had growing up.  (I didn't know that wasn't his last name for several months.)  I thought he was a cool guy, but too young for me... he was a freshman and I was a sophomore. 

A few weeks later Jason knocks on my dorm door to see if I want to go to a Nappy Roots concert.  His roommate bought the ticket and couldn't go, so he offered it to me... but didn't make me pay for it, therefore this was technically our first date.  We had a great time at the concert and it was that night that I developed a bit of a crush.  Over the next 4 months we spent a lot of time together and developed a great friendship.  My group of girlfriends hung out a lot with his group of guy friends.  For Valentine's Day (2003), my friend Sarah and I decorated the boys doors and made them cookies.  The next day I was heading home to Western KY and on my car I found roses and a card (which I still have) signed "Love, Jason".  The next day Lexington got a major ice storm that shut down the city for weeks and cancelled classes for a few days.  When I finally made it back to Lexington on Feb 18, things had changed a bit with Jason and I.  We were no longer just friends... even though it was months later that we made it "official".  

Taken summer 2003... we had been dating about 4 months.
 3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
Jason and I tied the knot on April 25, 2009.  A fun fact... remember when I said it was months later that we made it official... the actual date we made it official was April 25, 2003.  I had forgotten about this date b/c Jason and I had decided years ago that our dating anniversary should be Feb 18.  After we set the wedding date (which was based on vendor availability), I looked back at my school agenda from 2003 and realized the dates matched up.  It was meant to be!

 4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?   
We married at St. Paul Catholic Church in Lexington, in front of 150 of our closest friends and family.

 5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!   
We use "honey" a lot.  

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.   
Besides the fact that he's a great daddy and wonderful supportive husband... 1) he is a good cook and doesn't mind doing most of the cooking in our house  2)  he tells me every day that he loves me and that I am the best mom  3)  he is a man's man... and fixes things as soon as he realizes they need to be fixed.
If you want the full list, visit this post --->  Shout Out To My Baby Daddy.  

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?  
I think I will keep this somewhat private, but it was the weekend of our 5th dating anniversary.  The ring is special b/c it contains the diamond that his grandfather gave his grandmother.  

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?   
Flowers and teddy bear.  He's the kind of guy that brings home flowers randomly, just to be sweet.  

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?   
A sunset dinner on the beach sounds wonderful, but since we live in KY and there are no beaches besides the stinky shores of the Ohio River, we will have to settle for the movie on the couch.  It's not so bad.  :)
On our honeymoon, we got to have sunset dinner on the beach every night.
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? 
Build our dreamhome... a lakehouse and spend summers there with our family.

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.   
It's the first day back to work for me, so I will prob spend it at home snuggling my baby.  We'll probably celebrate us on our dating anniversary - Feb 18... maybe get a babysitter and go out to a nice dinner.  

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?  
I don't need any more chocolate (trying to lose the fat from sitting on my butt eating the past 12 weeks baby fat).  I would be happy with a sweet card.

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.   
Say "I love you" every day and continue to find fun things to do together outside the house.

14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.
Henry's tiny feet with our wedding rings on his toes.

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet story! Loved seeing the older pics! It's always fun to look back! Enjoyed reading about y'all !
    New follower :)

    xo.britt
    themagnoliapair.com

    ReplyDelete



According to Ashley

My photo
Kentucky, United States
Loving life and enjoying every second of it with my college sweetheart and husband of 3 years, Jason, my precious baby boy, Henry and our sweet dog, Lucie. Welcome to my blog - hope you enjoy this glimpse into my life!

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Designs by Krista



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved